Have you ever tried butter chicken? You should try it once in this Christmas as it is one of the mouth-watering dishes that take little time to prepare. Its taste is fantastic with beautiful flavors as the chicken is entirely melt-in-your-mouth tender. You can just make this restaurant-like butter chicken in your pressure cooker also.
The best butter chicken for any event
When Christmas is around the corner, you must have a unique plan for your family this year. But obviously, Turkey, Pork or Ham is not the dish that everyone would like to have. So this Butter Chicken recipe is for those who love a good chicken with less effort!
What goes fit into a butter chicken?
Pepper, Paprika, coriander, cumin, turmeric, fennel, cinnamon ginger, caraway, cardamom, fenugreek, chili, cloves, brown cardamom, and mint are the authentic spices for the butter chicken dish.
What vegetable goes with butter chicken?
- Butternut,Pumpkin, (seeded peeled, and cubed)
- Green beans, (trimmed)
- Toasted slivered almonds
What is in butter chicken sauce?
The dish served with a soft curry sauce that contains butter.
What sort of rice should serve with butter chicken?
Basmati rice is the perfect matching for the dish. If not available, any long-grain rice will do as short-grain rice tends to be too sticky.
How long would you cook a butter chicken?
You should not over-cook the dish keeping in mind its taste and food value. Usually, the dish takes 20 minutes for cooking if it had excellent marination. But the timing varies over the bird size.
But the whole preparation is of 35 minutes.
How to prepare the chicken for seasoning?
You should check the chicken very well before preparation, and when you selected the chicken for cooking, you should season it over and under the chicken skin with all the ingredients to make the sure maximum flavor. Obviously, you desire to have every inch enclosed in flavor.
What goes fine with butter chicken?
- Rice and naan bread is a perfect side dish for serving butter chicken. But you can try incredible veggie to make a twist in it.
- Palak paneer with onion and tomatoes is ideal for it. Just season it with garam masala and curry powder on it.
- Veggies like sauté bell peppers or “dry” vegetables would go perfectly with it.
- The okra dish with tomato slices would be elegant as a side-dish.
- Sometimes a dollop of fresh yogurt is enough for topping the dish before serving.
- A cold salad of chopped tomato, cucumber, lime, onion, and cilantro serve the dish well.
- You can think of sautéed Asian eggplant to top the dish.
If you are ready with the dish, you can serve butter chicken in your dining with a glass of wine.
Take yogurt, ginger, garlic, coriander, cumin,and chili and garam masala in a glass or ceramic bowl. Then add chicken to coat finely with all the spices. Cover and refrigerate it at least for 2 hours.
Butter chicken recipe
Preparation: 15 Minutes| Cooking: 20 Minutes | Total Time: 35 Minutes| Serves: 6
- Tamar Valley Greek Style Yoghurt – ½ cup
- Basmati rice-1 cup
- Butter, unsalted – ¼ cup
- Diced, sweet onion – ½
- Red bell pepper, small, diced-1
- Cloves garlic, minced – 4 clove
- Ginger (freshly grated )-1 tablespoon
- Garam masala-½teaspoon
- Ground turmeric – 1teaspoon
- Smoked paprika-1 teaspoon
- Ground cumin-1 teaspoon
- Ground cayenne pepper, optional-¼ teaspoon
- Freshly ground black pepper and Kosher salt to taste
- Petite diced tomatoes-1 can
- Tomato sauce-1 can
- Chicken stock-½ cup
- Boneless, skinless chicken breasts (cut into 1-inch chunks)-2 pounds
- Heavy cream – ½cup
- All-purpose flour-2 tablespoons
- Cilantro leaves (chopped, fresh, divided)-¼ cup
- Take a large pan and pour 2 cups of water.
- Now cook rice according to the instructions given in the package and set aside.
- Then,set a 6-qt Instant Pot keeping it in high sauté setting.
- Now add onion, butter, and bell pepper in it and cook, rousing regularly.
- It will be tender within 3-5 minutes.
- Stir in ginger, garlic, garam masala, paprika, turmeric, cayenne pepper, cumin for about 1 minutes (if using) until it is perfumed.
- Now season it with salt and pepper as per taste.
- Mix in diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, chicken and chicken stock.
- Now go for the manual setting of your pressure cooker to regulate pressure to high and
Put time for 10 minutes.
- After completing the cooking, quickly free pressure manually, as per manufactures instructions.
- Now take a small bowl, beat heavy cream and flour together and set aside.
- Choose high sauté setting of your cooker.
- Blend in the heavy cream mixture and cook about 3 minutes frequently stirring, until it becomes somewhat thickened.
- Now add and blend in cilantro and season it with salt and pepper as per taste.
- Dish up immediately with rice.
Calories: 411.0| Total Fats: 16.0g | Total Carbohydrate: 38.0g | Saturated Fat 9.0g | Protein: 26.0g | Sugars 9.0g | Cholesterol 109.0mg
Easy Tips for making butter chicken:
- Chicken preparation mainly depends on its marination. So try to marinade it beforehand whenever you go to make a chicken dish.
- Always put yogurt in a ceramic or glass bowl or dish.
- Take a deep saucepan if you are using a regular cooking pan instead of an instant pot for preparation.
- Stemming at least for 3-4 minutes is suggested for the best result.
- Normal cooking on fry pan would take a maximum of 10 minutes for the whole preparation (including simmering, stirring and stemming).
- Don’t over-cook it, as the food –value and taste would get soiled.
- Don’t drain-out the chicken stock as it adds nutrition to the dish.
- Always try to prepare the dish in medium-low heat as chicken tends to be hard in the high heat.
- Clean the rice until the rinse-water turns clear. For each cup of rice, use 2 cups of water with ½ tablespoon salt. Bring the water into the boiling point and then add the whole rice and salt in it and lessen the temperature to a simmer.