Make your dessert extras special and delicious with this decadent Butterscotch sauce. This easy, simple, and effortless recipe will have you drizzling the sauce on anything, be it your breakfast pancakes or your late night vanilla ice cream.
Moreover, it is convenient to make as you will probably have all the ingredients on hand and it will takes no more than five minutes to make it.
Cooking Time: About 15-20 minutes
Yield: 1½ cups
- 1 cup light or dark brown sugar
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, cut into several pieces
- ½ cup heavy (whipping) cream
- Pinch of salt
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a medium saucepan, combine the brown sugar and butter.
- Cook over moderate heat, stirring or whisking almost constantly until the butter melts and blends with the sugar.
- Add the cream and salt and continue whisking until the sauce is smooth.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla.
Tip: Stir the mixture frequently until it goes from looking grainy to lava.
- Pour into a tightly capped jar and store in the refrigerat
The sauce can be reheated gently, either in a saucepan on the stovetop or in a microwave. If it seems a little thick, add another tablespoon or two of cream.