Easy to make and quick to assemble with no extra rolling required, this cookie crust serves as the base for simple pies like chocolate pie, pudding, and more.
Cooking Time: About 30 minutes
Yield: One (9-inch) crust
- 1½ cup chocolate wafer cookie crumbs
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Chocolate Wafer Cookie Substitutes
Tip: If chocolate wafer cookies are not available, you may use chocolate graham crackers. To punch up the chocolate flavour, add a tablespoon of dark cocoa powder to the crumbs.
- Heat the oven to 350°F.
- Combine the cookie crumbs, sugar, and butter in a medium bowl until well combined.
- Press the mixture evenly into a 9-inch pie pan.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the crust is firm in the centre when pressed lightly.
- Cool completely before filling.