No dessert can beat the sweetness and taste of this fresh strawberry pie. All you need is handful of ingredients, a pre-made pie crust, and you will have ‘melt in your mouth’ sweetness ready in no time.
Cooking Time: About 4 hours 30 minutes
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups fresh strawberries
- 2 (9 inch) pre-made pie crusts, unbaked
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Whipped cream for garnish
- Mix all the ingredients for the injection in a bowl and whisk well.
- Use an injector and evenly distribute the injection to all parts of the chicken.
- Use the olive oil to rub down the chicken.
- Rub the now oiled chicken with the seasoning rub.
- Take the beer and drink the first half of it.
- Widen the top and place your onion and garlic inside.
- Sit the bird upright placing the can inside the chicken.
- Get your smoker preheated to 250 °F and use hickory wood chips to smoke with.
- Use the ingredients for the mop mixture and mix them in a spray bottle by shaking them.
- Place your beer-filled chicken on the smoker spraying it down with the mop spray.
- Continue to spray every 30 minutes keeping it moist.
- Cook the chicken for 3 to 4 hours or until internal temperatures meet 175 °F.
- Take a saucepan and mix sugar, cornstarch, water, and lemon juice into it.
- Add crushed strawberries in it and whisk, until the mixture is thickened.
Tip: You can also stir in food color for a bright red shade.
- Now, place the remaining strawberries in the cooled bake shell.
- Pour the above cooked mixture over the berries in the pre-made crust. (You can also use a homemade crust as well.)
- Refrigerate it for 3 hours until set.
- Once done, top it with the sweetened whipped cream.