It is no brainer that fresh peaches and peach pies makes an ideal summer time treat. Known as one of the best Southern Classic recipes, it has a sour cream and peach based filling that makes it everyone’s favorite.
Cooking Time: About 1 hour
- 3 1 (9-inch) pastry crust, unbaked
- 1 cup sour cream
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon mace
- 8 medium peaches, peeled and cut into ¼-inch-thick slices
- Heat the oven to 425°F.
- Line the pie crust with foil or parchment paper and fill with pie weights or dry beans.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove the lining and weights and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
- Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the sour cream, sugar, and cornstarch until smooth.
- Add eggs, vanilla, and mace and whisk until well combined.
- Fold in the sliced peaches, pour them into crust, and top with the crumble.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes until the peaches are tender and the crust is brown.
- Cool to room temperature, cut into wedges, and then serve.
Tip: To bake ahead, store in an airtight container and serve at room temperature.