A two-crust pie that comes filled with the crushed pineapple. It hardly takes any time to bake this dessert and this pie will have you dreaming of tropical ocean breezes seamlessly.
But make sure that you chill it before serving as it lends the best texture to it.
Cooking Time: About 1 hour
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 can (20 ounces) Dole Crushed Pineapple; reserve 2 tablespoons juice
- 2 (9 inch) pre-made pie crusts, unbaked
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1-pint vanilla ice cream
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In large bowl, beat eggs slightly, add sugar, lemon juice, pineapple, and reserved pineapple juice.
Tip: Drain the pineapple very well before you use it.
- Pour mixture into pie crust, dot with butter, and cover with top crust.
- Bake 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Bake 35 minutes or until pineapple is bubbly.
- Let it cool 10 minutes and line it into the serving tray.
- Serve with ice cream.