Pumpkin pie- A custard made from pumpkin that is spiced, sweetened, and baked until creamy.
Everyone has their signature pumpkin pie recipes for fall, and this one is ours. Just mix, pour, bake, and you have a traditional thanksgiving treat ready at your hand. The recipe of pumpkin pie is a classic but you can always make improvements along the way.
Cooking Time: About 1 hour
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon/ dalchini
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon allspice
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves/ long
- ⅛ teaspoon fresh grated nutmeg
- 2 eggs
- 15 ounces pumpkin purée
- 12 ounces evaporated milk
- 1 (9-inch) pastry crust, unbaked
- Heat the oven to 425°F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the sugar, cinnamon, salt, allspice, cloves, and nutmeg until well combined.
- Add the eggs, pumpkin puree, and evaporated milk and whisk until smooth.
Tip: You can whisk the pumpkin puree according to your need as it is going to give you a richer and flavorful pie.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pastry crust and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake in the lower third of the oven for 15 minutes, then reduce the heat to 350°F.
- Then, bake for an additional 40 to 45 minutes, or until the filling is set at the edges and just slightly wobbly in the center.
- Cool for 3 hours on a wire rack before slicing.